Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Amedee Van Gasse[_3_] Amedee Van Gasse[_3_] is offline

Default fso.FileExists is too fussy

Nick wrote:

I have this code...

Dim fso As Object, PathName as string

PathName = c:\blahblah

If fso.FileExists(PathName) Then

Do this and that

This usally works a treat except that when the pathname
specified has a case change.

For example

If c:\Hello.doc exists

and I set PathName = c:\hello.doc

then the fso.FileExists function returns false.

Can anyone think of a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Nick Shinkins

Excellent!
This means your code will also work on other, case-sensitive platforms.

No seriously, you could consider to use the (very old) dir function.
Try this:
Not(Dir(PathName) = "")
Should give the same result as fso.FileExists(PathName)

But please: post a followup here if you find a solution using only fso
and not dir.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.16.4.2
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?