Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lance Hoffmeyer Lance Hoffmeyer is offline

Default XL VBA adding new worksheet if current worksheet is not empty SOLVED

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:27:55 -0500, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:

= ActiveSheet.Name = Application.Input("What is the Worksheet Name")

Makes perfect sense. It was the GETBOTTOMROW = 0 that was giving me
grief.

How would I have Activesheet.Name =

create a popup box so I could name it through something like a msgbox?

Lance

Is there a way

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:49:50 -0700, Jim Cone wrote:

Lance,

See if the following makes sense. It does work...
'------------------------------------------------------------- 'Jim
Cone August 26, 2004

Sub AddNewSheetIfNeeded()

'Call function to check for any data in active sheet
If Not GetBottomRow = 0 Then
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'If necessary, add new sheet before the current sheet.
Worksheets.Add befo=ActiveSheet, Count:=1 On Error Resume Next
'Name the sheet
ActiveSheet.Name = Application.Input("What is the Worksheet Name")
On Error GoTo 0
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

'======================================== ' GetBottomRow() Function '
Called by AddNewSheetIfNeeded.
' Returns the number of the last worksheet row with data. ' Returns 0
if the sheet is blank.
'======================================== Private Function
GetBottomRow() As Long
On Error GoTo NoRow
'Search the entire sheet for any data ("*" is a wildcard)
GetBottomRow = Cells.Find(what:="*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
Exit Function
NoRow:
GetBottomRow = 0
End Function

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Lance Hoffmeyer" wrote in message
I wish to create some code that will create a new worksheet if the
current worksheet is not empty. Is this an easy thing to do? I don't
have a clue where to start.
Lance