Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric Bragas Eric Bragas is offline

Default cancelling out of read-only recommended locks up Excel 2000

Hi everybody,

Book1.xls is a read-only recommended file. Book2.xls contains a
hyperlink to book1.xls, and clicking that link prompts me with
"Book1.xls should be opened as read-only..." as epected. If I select
Cancel at this prompt, Book2.xls becomes unusable, that is, I can't
type into any cells until I close and then re-open the file. User X
user here claims his Excel locks up entirely sometimes in this
situation. What gives? How can we avoid this? User X needs
write-enabled access regularly, but all others need read-only access
most of the time.

Eric, VBA guy