Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
zsalleh zsalleh is offline

Default Macro to delete rows with text cells

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with changing the vba code below to delete each ro
with a text field in column c1:c10000? I am new to vba and just manag
to hack something up. However this code only deletes blank cells an
not cells with text.

Also is there a better way to specify the column range instead of doin
it by specifying the range like this...Set Rng
ActiveSheet.Range("C1:C10000"). i.e. Is there a way to make it dynamic
so regardless of how many rows there are, it will run through each an
every row with data in it. The problem that I faced is my data has th
occasionaly blank row between each row with data.

Anyway, enough said. Here is my code. Thanks in advance.

Sub DeleteText()
'
' Delete blank lines in column C
' Macro recorded 23/08/2004 by zsalleh
'

'
Windows("Workbook v2.xls").Activate
Sheets("Consolidation").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim Rng As Range
Set Rng = ActiveSheet.Range("C1:C10000")

For ix = Rng.Count To 1 Step -1
If Trim(Replace(Rng.Item(ix).Text, Chr(160), Chr(32))) = "
Then
Rng.Item(ix).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next