Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Madasu Madasu is offline

Default Follow-Up: Macro to find the next free line

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:31:30 GMT, Madasu wrote:

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:18:47 -0500, Rodney POWELL wrote:

Milton --

See article - Identifying the Real Last Cell ...

www.beyondtechnology.com/geeks012.shtml

- Rodney POWELL
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Beyond Technology
Spring, Texas USA
www.BeyondTechnology.com

"Madasu" wrote in message ...

I'm having trouble recording a macro that will find the next free line in a
column so I can append data.

What macro commands will in effect select a cell, end/down, down?

Any help appreciated

Excellent Rodney. Many thanks. (I'm kicking myself for the simplicity of
bottom up!!

Thanks agran

Sorry Rodney I'm still stuck. I'm pretty new to this and so the "even
better way" quoted in the article has me licked. However my real problem is
that the end up line will find the last row but I want the next blank row.
If I record the macro with end up (xlUp argument) and then the down key it
uses 'select' instad of moving to the line below the current selected cell.
Obviously no matter where xlUp take me the select argument won't vary.

I hope that's understandable.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--