Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Combination Numbers between 000 and 999

Wow, did I miss it or what!! <g

Gord

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:54:15 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Rashid

000 through 999 would be 1000 3-digit numbers.

Possible 3 number combinations would equal 166167000

Possible 3 number permutations would equal 997002000

I would imagine it could be done, but would take some doing.

Myrna Larson has written code. Search google by author and subject
"combinations"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 01:31:47 +0530, "Rashid Khan"
wrote:

Hi Tom
As always u were quick in replying... But pardon me if I have not made
myself clear. I do not wish to have 001, 002... upto 999.. but I want to
have a combination of all the possiblities between 000 and 999
Hope I am clear now
Rashid
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
In A1, put in 0
in A2 put in 1
select A1:A2 and do format=Cells=Number Tab, select custom and put in

000

now select A1:A2 and drag fill down to row 999

if you want text values: then after doing the above

in B1 put in

=Text(A1,"000")
then drag fill down to row 999
Select column B and do Edit=Copy, then Edit=Paste special and select
Values.

then you can delete column A.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rashid Khan" wrote in message
Hello All,
I am using Office XP and searched the NG but could not find a suitable
post.
I wish to have a macro which would generate all the possible

comibination
between 000 and 999.
eg.
000