Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Claude Claude is offline

Default extracting parameters from formula

Hi all

Is there an easy way to extract the parameter values used
in a function, e.g.
if a cell contains a formula "=sum(a1,a2,a3)", I'd like to
get an array with the values (a,b,c) ( =values of a1, a2,
a3) being used in the function. The function wizard in
excel takes the function apart in this way, but it looks
quite complex to try and do something similar. I am
tempted to take the formula apart as a string, going
for "(" and ",", but it doesn't look easy. Maybe there's a
ready made procedure for this?

Thanks for your input