Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_2_] Alan Beban[_2_] is offline

Default "Transpose" Macro.

Assuming you have 2000 rows of data, and you want to end up with that
data in T2:T24001 as you indicated

Sub c()
Dim rngIn As Range, rngOut As Range, i As Long
Set rngIn = Range("A2:L2000")
Set rngOut = Range("T2")
For i = 1 To rngIn.Rows.Count
rngIn.Rows(i).Copy
rngOut(1 + (rngIn.Columns.Count) * (i - 1)).PasteSpecial _
Transpose:=True
Next
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Alan Beban

lvdesouza < wrote:
Dear All,

I am a new user of VBA macros in Excel, and I want to do a very basic
operation.

I have data in several thousands of rows (each column corresponds to a
year, I have about a dozen columns).
I want to order this data (copy/transpose) in a single column. I know
how to do that by running the recorder
for one single copy/transpose operation, and I could do that by copying
the commands below 2000 times,

Range("A2").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.Copy
Range("T2").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:=False _
, transpose:=True
and so on....

but I assume I can do that with a single "loop" instruction. Can any
one tell me how I could do that?

Best,

Lucio.

---