Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Setting ComboBox ControlSource in code

Hi Jim,

I think you've got the purpose of the ControlSource property
misconstrued (easy to do given it's ambiguous name). The ControlSource is
the address of a single cell on a worksheet where you want the value
selected in the ComboBox to be placed.

The RowSource property is the one you want to use to load a list from a
worksheet. The syntax for this property would look something like this:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
ComboBox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!C1:C11"

Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals
http://www.appspro.com/

"JimPNicholls" wrote in message
Excel 2k

Morning!

I've trying to set the control Source for a combobox (On a
userform). I have:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Me.ComboBox1.ControlSource = Range("C1:C11").Value
End Sub

This isn't working (Type mismatch). Can anyone help?