Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Confirm formula change

| Do you really want to that? |

That could get annoying.

As far as I know there is no way to tell what you had previously.
Besides are you trying to check if a formula is being overwritten
by a constant, or a different formula. You might want to think
of coloring your formulas, or of protecting your formulas via
sheet protection.

You could use an event macro:

If Target.Column < 4 Then Exit Sub
If Target.HasFormula Then MsgBox "Do you really want to do what " _
& "you just did, because it is too late, if it matters"
End Sub

Excel Developer Tip: Ensuring that Data Validation is Not Deleted
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip98.htm John Walkenbach
---
HTH,

wrote in message ...
Is there a way if when a user changes a cell that
contains a formula, I can pop up a msgbox to ask if they
really want to do that and give them yes/no or ok/cancel
options? Thanks.