Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default LTRIM Problem

Hi Matt,
Try including this before the loop

Selection.Replace What:=Chr(160), Replacement:=Chr(32), _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

For more information see:

Char(160) is the HTML   (non-breaking space)

But if you look at the macro TRIMALL macro you will see some additional
code which will make the macro run faster.
---
HTH,

"mtsark" wrote in message ...
I am trying to trim the leading spaces from all text in Column U.
I have have the following code but when I run it nothing happens (the
leading spaces are still there). I've tried both LTRIM and TRIM but neither
seems to work.
What am I missing?

Dim Rng as Range
Sheets("Raw Projections").Select
For Each Rng In ActiveSheet.Range("U6:U500")
Rng.Value = LTrim(Rng.Value)
Next Rng

Matt