Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
adam12+ adam12+ is offline

Default "Copy Method of worksheet class failed"

I am having the same problem. I have a macro button that copies th
last project sheet and inserts it at the end of the workbook. I
varies, but after pressing the button ~25 times, I get the "Copy Metho
of Worksheet Class Failed" error.

I am using Excel 2000 version 9.0.

After looking at the Microsoft website
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210684, I saw that it says "when yo
run a macro that copies worksheets, and then places the worksheets int
the *same* workbook that they originated from, you may receive... [a
error]".

Perhaps a possible solution would be to have the macro create a ne
"temporary" workbook, copy the sheet to that workbook, then move (o
copy) from that workbook back into the original workbook? Seem
inefficient and clumsy, but it is a work around. If it works, it seem
better than asking the user to save, exit, and reopen.

I'm not as adept at manipulating files (creating, switching, closing
etc.) with VB so it may take me a bit to get some code that works, bu
when I do, I'll post the results