Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Potters Max Potters is offline

Default Change Shortcut Key Programatically

John, Im working on a solution for you, it might take me a while, but ill
post it later

Max
"John" wrote in message
Sorry maybe I being too short in the details. What I'm trying to do is
program a set of programable keys (www.x-keys.com**) to fire various

macros
within an Excel application. You've both helped out with the assigning
shortcut keys, but what I was hoping to do is to assign something like a
"key code" (ie CTRL+SHIFT+1+2+3) so that it does pick up another incorrect
shortcut by mistake. The only other complication is that I want the users
(who have German / French keyboard layouts) to be able to use the same
sequences (hence the desire for a key code).

I guess I could write a quick procedure that would run when the workbook

was
opened, assigning the correct shortcuts to the macros within the workbook?
What do you both think? Can you recommend a better approach?

Thanks to you both

John

**The X-Keys keypad works by assigning any combination of keystrokes to a
particular programable key.

"Max Potters" wrote in message
Hi John,

Im glad that helped you, but I dont really understand what you mean

about
"reading" (printing) a list of all existing macro shortcuts.

Do you mean, that you would like to know which shortcuts are already in

use?

Max
"John" wrote in message
Max,

Thanks, very sensible of course! The result is this:

Sub ChangeShortCut()

Application.MacroOptions Macro:="Macro3", _
ShortcutKey:="T"

End Sub

This I guess leads to another question.............how would I go

about
"reading" (printing) a list of all existing macro shortcuts?

Thanks again

John

"Max Potters" wrote in message
Try recording a macro for this.

"John" wrote in message
Hi Tom,

Thanks for this. I'm aware of this manual method, but was

wondering
if
there is a way of doing this programatically?

Best regards

John
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Highlight the macro in Tools=Macro=Macros and hit the Options
button.
Make the assignment there.

Tom Ogilvy

"John" wrote in message

Does anyone know if you can change a macro's shortcut key
programatically?

If for instance I've already assign a macro to fire on

CTRL+SHIFT+E,
how
could I change it to fire on say CRTL+SHIFT+T instead?

Have a good weekend

John