Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Link Jim Link is offline

Default Edit Text Import

Seb,
My problem deals with column width of the text file. What is happening is
the last
letter in a column of text is being read into the adjacent column which is
numbers.
I want to change where the query is dividing the column input.

Jim

"sebastienm" wrote:

Hi,
-Right click the imported data and choose Data Range Properties from the
pop-up menu. A dilaog displays.
-There, uncheck Adjust Column Width.
-Save the file

Does that wor for you?
Regards,
Seb

"Jim Link" wrote:

I have a macro which imports a text file and then cleans up and formats the
file.
The first time I ran it, I used the editor and set up my columns. It worked
well except for a minor oversight in one column width. Now I'm trying to
changed that width, but whatever I do, the next time the macro imports the
data, the column width for that column is where I originally set it. I've
manually deleted the data and when asked if I wanted to save the query, I
told it no. It made no difference. What can I do?