Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Potters Max Potters is offline

Default (Disable macro's while) using the GetObject

Tom, I considered that. But can I open a file with a huge path like I have.

For example: workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and
Settings\max\Desktop\namen.xls")???

And, second of all, how do I disable it's events? I don't want to see the
Enable/Disable macro message when it starts, i just want to disable them

how do I do this?

Thanks (already)
Max
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Why are you using getobject to open an excel file. Just use

workbooks.Open
and disable events before opening.

Tom Ogilvy

"Max Potters" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a piece of code which opens an excel file ("Optellen.xls") (this

file
has code in it, also in the Workbook_Open). When I run the code which

opens
Optellen.xls, the debugger debugs in Optellen.xls???. How is this

possible,
does it run the VB code in Opt...xls as well???

QUESTION: How can I make sure, that my code just opens Optellen.xls, but
(probably thats the problem) without enabling it's macro's?
Here's my code:

Public Sub BatchNames()
'
Dim Wrb As Excel.Workbook
'
Set Wrb = GetObject("C:\Documents and
Settings\Max\Desktop\Rekenprogramma\Optellen.xls")
'
Wrb.Unprotect (my password)
'
filepath = "C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\temp"
Filename = "namen.xls"
sheetname = "Sheet1"

Wrb.Sheets("Leraar").Range("A2:A18").ClearContents
'
For n = 2 To 36
Wrb.Sheets("Leraar").Cells(n, 2).Value = 1
Wrb.Sheets("Leraar").Cells(n, 4).Value = 0
Next n
'
For n = 2 To 15
Strg = "'" & filepath & "\[" & Filename & "]" _
& sheetname & "'!" & "r" & n - 1 & "c1"
MsgBox "Strg = " & Strg 'just a test
Wrb.Sheets("Leraar").Cells(n, 1).Value = ExecuteExcel4Macro(Strg)
Next n
'
Wrb.Save
'