Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
viveleroi0 viveleroi0 is offline

Default vba/macro for loop-based summing?

Say I have three columns - column A is for a state code (AK, AL, etc
and column B is a hire date, and column C is a number of employee
hired in that state, on that date.

I want to find a way to perform the following type of calculation.
don't know VB but I think it needs to be coded - there is not an
function I am aware of.

ALL COLUMN B CELLS THAT MATCH OTHER COLUMN B CELLS
SUM COLUMN C
WRITE RESULT IN D1

thats kind of pseudo code, but it gets my point across. What I want i
something that groups all state codes, AK, AL, etc together and sums u
COLUMN C values for each unique state code