Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TwEaKFrEaK TwEaKFrEaK is offline

Default Help with a macro

Below is the a portion of a macro that I am creating.

Range("L56").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"='S:\Local Disk\Data\2004\Quarter 2, 2004\[Data Entry
Form.xls]Performance'!$A$2:$J$402"

ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="Data1", RefersToR1C1:= _
"='S:\Local Disk\Data\2004\Quarter 2, 2004\[Data Entry
Form.xls]Performance'!R2C1:R402C10"

I would like to macro to copy a cells contents. Right now its coping a
specific formula that is in L56 but if I change the filepath on the
sheet (L56) the macro changes it back to the original (i.e, "='S:\Local
Disk\Data\2004\Quarter 2, 2004\[Data Entry
Form.xls]Performance'!$A$2:$J$402")

Since the filename changes every quarter I want to macro to copy the
contents in cell L56 but I do not want to see the actual file name in
the macro. I think it has to be like a wildcard. (In L56 I will
generate the current directory and file name based on an input sheet.)

I know this is confusing, you have any other questions please let me
know. Thank you so much for your help. Your expertise is appreciated.

---