Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pete T[_2_] Pete T[_2_] is offline

Default Updating Data to Access Error

I'm getting an Error Message at the rs.MoveFirst point of my code :
runtime 3021 - No Current Record. There is a record with the search
Social Security Number in the Field SSN. And in Stepping into the
code, FSSN is correct in capturing that SSN from the Spreadsheet.
Obviously there is something wrong with my Select Statement?

I Also attempted to Select out only three Fields, but kept getting
errors in Parameters with the code : Select [field 1], field2, field3
From Table etc. One field was two words.

Appreciate any help on this, Thanks

Sub UpdateData()

' Update Data from Daily Run to WS Database
' Created 08/13/04 by Pete Trudell
'
Dim dbs As Database
Dim rs As Recordset
Dim WSdata As String
Dim notfound As Boolean
Dim FSSN As String
Dim FIndex As String
Dim ColD As Variant
Dim R As Variant

For R = 4 To 350

ColD = Worksheets("Update").Cells(R, 4).Value
If ColD = "" Then Exit For
notfound = False
FSSN = Range("D" & R).Value
FIndex = Range("C" & R).Value

WSdata = "mydatabase.mdb"
Set dbs = OpenDatabase(WSdata)
Set rs = dbs.OpenRecordset("Select * From WS Where SSN = 'FSSN';",
dbOpenDynaset)
rs.MoveFirst
Do
If Worksheets("Update").Cells(R, 3).Value = rs.Fields("Rec
Date").Value Then
notfound = True
rs.Edit
rs.Fields("Received").Value = True