Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jean-Yves[_2_] Jean-Yves[_2_] is offline

Default How to see if the opened workbook is opened by another user ?

Hi,

The file should be in readOnly mode.
This is what you have to check
If ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly = true Then
Regards,

JY

"balexis" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I want to restrict the use of an Excel application to just one user at
a time. Basically, my application is composed of a few protected
sheets (user must not change the cells manually), and a toolbar with
macros associated.

I only want 1 user to be able to have to execute macros at the same
time. I would like to gray all the toolbar's buttons when the excel
file is already opened by another user.

Now, how can I detect that the excel file is already opened by another
user with vba code ?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Alex