Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default select alternate rows - quickly

select a column where the only cells that are blank are in the rows you want
to delete.

Do
Edit=Goto = Special and select Blank Cells. Then do Edit=Delete and
select entire row.

This assumes the cells are actually blank and don't just appear blank
because they contain a formula returning an empty string or contain spaces.

Tom Ogilvy

"RC" wrote in message
I have a worksheet where I want to delete alternate rows. i.e. rows
1,3,5,7,9.......... because they contain no data. Currently I am holding

the
control key and selecting every other row, then using the delete row

toolbar
button. However I have many worksheets to do.
I thought I'd create a macro to automatically hilight alternate rows and
then just use the delete row button. I did create that macro but when

using
it, instead of hilighting the alternate rows from where my cursor is

inserted
it just hilights the same rows as when the macro was created (i.e. the

wrong
rows).
How can I set something up that allows me to hilight alternate rows from
where I place my cursor.