DHT

Default How do I maintain my date format, when I copy a sheet, in excel?

I have created a document with several sheets, tracking video tapes and their
content, as well as date the tape was shot, etc. As projects are completed I
am saving the sheet as its own book and removing it from my original file.
I've done this to several sheets and each one, when I open the newly saved
file, screws up my dates and reverts to some date 4 years ago, and not even
the same day of the month. I ran into this problem a few years ago in a
similar circumstance. Can I save my document, or have I lost my original
date information? The orginal document is maintaining the correct dates.