Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cigarette[_3_] cigarette[_3_] is offline

Default can i add a row for (x,y) values and perform its maths?

Hi all

I have wriiten a program with help from my fren and some bros in here
This program calculates the values of geometrical properties of a
arbitrary section, drawn by straight lines on chart form, and th
co-ordinates corresponding to the points will be shown on a table.

This program is such that the user chooses the number of co-ordinat
points, and maths operations will be carried out to solve for the tota
perimeter and area of the enclosed area. Now i have a problem, fo
example, if i have already decided on the number of co-ordinate points
the maths operations only performs for the given number. if i choose t
add a few co-ordinate points in between the originally chosen points
the maths operations does not include these points into calculations
How do i solve this?

I know this sounds a bit vague, so let me pose a scenerio. For example
when i open my excel file, the 1st worksheet prompts the user to choos
the number of co-ordinate points. Initially i choose 20 points, so th
programs gives me 20 points to play with. Associated with these 2
points, maths is done. Now, i decide to add one more point between th
11th and 12th co-ordinate, thus making the total number of co-ordinat
points now 21.

1st question : How can i add a new row to insert these values? (i kno
by right click on the 11th co-ordinate on the table, and choose "inser
row", but this doesnt work for the maths )

2nd question : How can i get the program to include the new values int
its calculations?

If any bro can understand (vaguely) what i am trying to ask, pleas
help!
Post ur doubts about my question, and i try to explain more clearly.

Thanks in advance
cigeratt