Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric[_20_] Eric[_20_] is offline

Default Variable sheet name in formula

You are right! It's working...

Thank you very much.

Eric.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
it will work also for the sheet name. e.g.
A1: sheet1
A2: X1
A3: Formula
=INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!" & A2)

this will get the value from sheet1!X1

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Eric" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Frank,

INDIRECT seems to work when you want to reference a cell but not for

just
the sheet name.
I want to be able to create a variable that contains the name of a

sheet and
then use that variable in a formula.

Thank you.

Eric.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
use INDIRECT for this.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Eric" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

I dont know if this is possible, but I am trying to build a

formula
which
contains the name of a sheet that will change every day.
In fact, I would like a cell to contain the name of the sheet and
then
reference the content of that cell in my formula.

Ex: sheet2.A3 would contain the text "Sheet2"
my formula would look like = sheet2.A3!B4*C45........., where
sheet2.A3!B4
would be cell B4 of sheet2.

Thank you.

Eric.