Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric[_20_] Eric[_20_] is offline

Default Variable sheet name in formula

Frank,

INDIRECT seems to work when you want to reference a cell but not for just
the sheet name.
I want to be able to create a variable that contains the name of a sheet and
then use that variable in a formula.

Thank you.

Eric.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
use INDIRECT for this.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Eric" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello,

I dont know if this is possible, but I am trying to build a formula

which
contains the name of a sheet that will change every day.
In fact, I would like a cell to contain the name of the sheet and

then
reference the content of that cell in my formula.

Ex: sheet2.A3 would contain the text "Sheet2"
my formula would look like = sheet2.A3!B4*C45........., where

sheet2.A3!B4
would be cell B4 of sheet2.

Thank you.

Eric.