Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Potters Max Potters is offline

Default Access and retrieve data from network workbook

I thank you alot for this help! Though I want to use VB coding to do it. I
want to access another workbook at a network computer, and read information
from that workbook, to a local workbook. Also I would like to be able to
copy values from the network workbook to the local one.

I hope some1 knows how to program this

Max
"Frank Stone" wrote in message
you are a little foggy on the "copy some cells" part but
you might be able to do want you want with get external
date. (i use it all the time)
on the xl menu click DataGet Exteranl DataNew Database
Query.
A data soure dialog box will come up. click excel files
A select Workbook dialog box will come up. in the lower
right box select the drive letter of your network. In the
upper right box select the directory the file is in. the
file names will be in the upper left box. May sure that
you have permissions for the drive and directory and file.
This will create a query that you can atatch to a button.
it will bring in collumns of data that you select to an
area(range) you specify. from there you can copy the cells
you need. You can refresh the query with a macro and
probable copy the cells you want.