Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Input Box Question with Code

Dim Response As Long

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"RBBCPA" wrote in message
I am trying to write a macro with an inputbox that allows a user to input

number and then put that number in a given cell so that it can be used in
calculations (outside the macro). the code I am using is shown below. I
copied from a posted article on the microsoft site. the problem is that

when
i enter a number larger than 32600, i get a run-time '6' error overflow.

can't figure out why. i want to be able to enter numbers between 1000000

and
10000000
Sub Using_InputBox_Method()
Dim Response As Integer
Sheets("Annual Profit and Loss").Select

' Run the Input Box.
Response = Application.InputBox("Enter a number.", _
"Number Entry", , 250, 75, , 1)

' Check to see if Cancel was pressed.
If Response < False Then

' If not, write the number to the first cell in the first sheet.
Worksheets("Annual Profit and Loss").Range("c6").Value = Response

MsgBox ("Update Complete.")