Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Annemarie en Jeroen Annemarie en Jeroen is offline

Default exporting categories - excel

Exporting categories from msoutlook contacts to excel

In our company we still use msword97, excel97 and outlook with this version
(it is true!).

All our companycontacts (1000) are in outlook/contacts and we use many
company related categories in contacts. When I export the contacts to excel,
the categories are placed in one cell, separated by a column (or semi
colon??). When I try to mail merge from the category column in excel in
word, I cannot make extractions from the category column. Is there anybody
who can tell me how to solve this problem?

The problem again in short: I cannot make a mailmerge only for certain
categories from outlook contacts (the 97-version). By the way; I also have
problems doing this in later versions. I am very glad if anybody can help me
out.

Maybe a more simple question; how do you separate text that is in one cell
of excel and transfer it to different cells?

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen

(working for Dutch government)