Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul B[_6_] Paul B[_6_] is offline

Default Forcing "Macro Enable"

Ronbo, you can set the security to low, not recommended, or if you are using
Excel 2000 or newer, sign the macro with a digital certificate

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Ronbo" wrote in message
To: "Harald Staff" and "Bob Phillip

Thanks a lot for your time and help. It is very much
appreciated.

To: Harald -

I am not trying to make the workbook useless w/o macros.
I should have explained that what I am trying to do is
create a macro that is started by a desktop icon. It
goes out with "workbook open event" and looks for a file
and if it finds it, it is to open it and close itself.
What I want it to do is to open the file from the desktop
icon without user interaction or manually enabling macros.

As for ensuring that workbooks are useless without macros
running, I agree and do so whenever needed.

To Bob:

You state.

What you can do is have an information sheet which tells
the user that
macros need enabling for your workbook to function. -

Isn't this exactly what excel does in the opening. I
think this is what I want to bypass. As stated above I
want the desktop icon to go directly to the open file.

To All: I think I have had workbooks that open without
user interaction. but I am unable to find them. Maybe I
am nuts, but any additional help is appreciated.

Regards,