Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jerry chapman jerry chapman is offline

Default Delete Rows

Thanks, that worked perfectly!
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
range(cells(cell,rng).EntireRow.Delete
should be

range(cell,rng).EntireRow.Delete

Not sure how the extra cells got in there.

You assessment is incorrect. It should do what you described.

This version with the revised line, worked fine for me:

Sub DeleteRows()
Dim rng As Range, cell As Range
Set rng = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)
Set cell = Range("A2")
Do While cell.Value < ""
If cell.Value < cell.Offset(-1, 0).Value Then
Range(cell, rng).EntireRow.Delete
Exit Do
End If
Set cell = cell.Offset(1, 0)
Loop

Tom Ogilvy

"jerry chapman" wrote in message

I changed -- range(cells(cell,rng).EntireRow.Delete
to -- range(cells(cell,rng).EntireRow).Delete and I got an
error on the first out of order row. It appears that this code would

only
delete the first out of order row (when it works). I would like to

delete
all rows after the first out of order row. Presumably I could do that by
looping through the rest of the row and using the .Delete command (when

it
is fixed);

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Dim rng as Range, cell as Range
set rng = Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)
set cell = range("A2")
do while cell.value < ""
if cell.Value < cell.offset(-1,0).Value then
range(cells(cell,rng).EntireRow.Delete
exit do
end if
set cell = cell.offset(1,0)
Loop

Tom Ogilvy

"jerry chapman" wrote in message
I have an Excel file which is sorted ascending by column one. I

would
like
to write a macro to verify that, and if I find a row which is out of

order
would like to delete that row and all subsequent rows. How could I

do
that?