Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Creating Add-in with library of functions

with your workbook loaded, select it in the object browser as the library,
then select your function in the right window of the object browser, right
click on it and select properties. Put you text there.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bryan" <bryan@nospam wrote in message

I am trying to create an Add-in with a library of functions, i.e.

Add(num1,
num2) that can be used in my excel workbooks. I am able to do this
successfully, however I can not find any resources on Microsoft's site on
how to add the help text to the formula dialog that pops up. For example,
when you hit the formula button and select the formula function "Sum",

there
is some help text that tells you what the function does: "Adds all the
numbers in a range of cells" as well as what it is expecting in the
parameter: "number1, number2, ... are 1 to 30 numbers to sum. Logical

values
and text are ignored in cells, included if typed as arguments."

Can anyone tell me how my add-in functions can add this text to my custom
functions? Are there any Microsoft KB articles that covers this?

Thanks,
Bryan