Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vba - Opening Outlook with Vba

Dim olApp as Object

On Error Resume Next
Set olApp = GetObject(,"Outlook.Application")
If olApp Is Nothing Then
Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ajliaks " wrote in message
Hi all,

I am keep trying to generate an MS Outlook Task from Excel Vba.
I thought I can first open Outlook, and then trying to generate task or
note.
First of all, could anybody help me with the first step, opening MS
Outlook?

Iam trying this code unsuccessfuly: (I use Outlook 03 with Xp prof)

Private Sub OpeningOutlook()
Dim OutLk As Application
Dim B As String

B = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE"
Set Out = GetObject(B)
OutLk.Application.Open

OutLk.Application.Visible = True
'Here generating task or note