Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Trigger an event when a cell's value is changed.

Hi
the worksheet_change event is ONLY triggered if you change a VALUE. So
just selecting the dropdown and not changing the current cell value
will NOT trigger this event (and that is what is to be expected).

Note: In Excel 97 the worksheet_change event is not triggered then the
cell is changed by a drop-down listbox from 'Data - Validation'. In
these cases use a different cell referencing this dropdown cell and use
the worksheet_calculate event

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Freddo Frog" <Freddo schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
I had this same problem and tried the worksheet_change event but it

didn't
work.

The worksheet_change event only seems to work when the cell selection
actually changes but if you click the list's dropdown arrow you

haven't
actually selected another cell so the event isn't trigger.

I'm using Excel 2000 if that makes a difference.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
see:

use the workshee_change event for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Prasad Vanka" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag m...
Hi,

I have a cell which I am using as a listbox (Went into the Data

menu
and selected Data Validation. Then for Validations Criteria under

the
Settings tab, I selected list for the Allow: property). This cell

can
only take values 1, 2, 3 or 4. That is the user can select a

value
between 1 to 4 from the list box.

Now my question:
Is there any way I can trap the event when the value of this cell
changes. For example if the user changes the value from 1 to 2

then I
want to execute a macro. If it is not possible then can someone
suggest me an alternative and also some piece of code.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Prasad Vanka