Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WillRRn WillRRn is offline

Default Adding in data from another database

As a Nursing data analyst, I must combine information from multiple sources.
Each source contains different elements I need to import. Right now I have
several large groups of data that go back to 1999. So each database has about
2000 entries. I have imported all the data to excel in worksheets.

The good news is that each group of data is indexed with a patient medical
record number in the first row. The bad news is that about 5% of the entries
don't have a corresponding medical record number both worksheets. All I want
to do is to add in the data items that have a medical record number on both
sheets. Entries indexed with the medical record that don't exist in both
worksheets can either be skipped or even deleted.

Is there a way to do this either native to excel or some code that someone
has already written? I am fairly new to Excel and Visual Basic. Can someone
point me in the right direction here?

Thanks

--
WillRRn