Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Data Validation Lists - drop down.

That sounds good, but data validation doesn't interact with or expose itself
for control from a macro.

Tom Ogilvy

"TommyBoy" wrote in message
i don't have the code off hand, but i would write vbscript with a
keydown event, in the event grab the value of the key pressed and then
write code that searches the entries, thats how i would go about it

Sameer wrote:

Hi,
I have a Data Validation List which lists a bunch of text values.
First thing is Excel somehow doesn't autocomplete a cell, inspite of a
bunch of them already existing above it. That is ok. What i would
ideally like to provide to the end user is, that once they are inside
the list if they hit the button 'N' or '1', they should be able to go
to the first entry starting with that letter. The list is in sorted
order. I would be extremely appreciative if someone could suggest me
something.

Thanks,
Sameer