bj

=if(and(isblank(c2),isblank(k2)),"",your equation)
for extra spaces try the Trim() function

"brookdale" wrote:

I think I have it!

=MID(IF(ISBLANK(C2),K2,C2),(SEARCH(" *
",(IF(ISBLANK(C2),K2,C2)),20))+1,3)

Now I just have a few issues here.

1. This searches columns C and K. Only one of them will contain data.
The other will be blank. Occasionally both will be blank. In this case
I need a blank cell to be returned. Right now I am getting a #VALUE!.
How can I fix this?

2. This next one may sound odd, but I need it for a more simple
equation. Say this solution picks up a M for Monday. Sometimes there is
a space or two before and after the M solution. I need to only have the
M. Is there like a "Nospaces" function or something I can add in here?

Thanks.

--
brookdale
brookdale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24617