LanceB

Select entire range
In format conditional formats - Formula is dropdown

=TEXT(NOW(),"MMM") = A$1
set your patterns and fonts

where A1 = Jan

=TEXT(NOW(),"MMM") creates the string "Jun" as now() is Jun
A$1 will set the conditions in column A to change if the value in A1 =
todays month

Column F will properly refer to F$1 and produce the pattern because F1 would
be Jun

Lance

"Leslie" wrote:

I put the date in one cell, A3 and formated it just showing the month and
then did a conditional format that was =A3-Jun and it didn't work. I'm new to
this, can you tell me how I need to enter my condition. Thanks.

"Becky" wrote:

I'd be inclined to put the current month as part of the title, then do
conditional formatting to cjange the colour of the cell.

"Leslie" wrote:

I have months written in the top row (i.e. Jan., Feb. Mar. Apr...etc.) If I
am in the current month I want the month's cell color to turn yellow and the
text to be black, if not in the current month, I want the cell color black
and text white. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.