Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jb jb is offline

Default Attaching toolbars to spreadsheet, but macros do not follow?

I have created some macros which everyone in my department
uses.

I am trying to find the best way for everyone to have
access to these macros AND THE TOOLBAR which has buttons
linked to the macros.

I see one of two ways of doing this.

1) I can place my "office macros.xls" file in everyone's
XLSTART folder, but then I have to create the toolbar and
buttons for every user on every computer (we do a lot of
PC swapping).

2)We have an Excel template which we use at the beginning
of each project... I can embed the macros into the
template and attach the toolbar to the template.

Here is my problem.

The first way is very time consuming, and anytime I create
a new macro or have a change it will be a big headache to
make the change for everyone.

The second way does not work... I can embed the macros and
attach the toolbars, but when I set up the macro buttons
in the toolbar and then Copy the template to another
PC/folder, the macros don't follow... they point back to
the original template which has the macros... not to the
current file with the macros embedded.

Any ideas?