Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Standen Jeff Standen is offline

Default Problem using "Find" WorksheetFunction in Excel VBA

Can you not use Range.Find instead?

Jeff

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
FIND is not supported within VBA. Use the InStr method insetad (see VBA
help for about this method)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

I'm trying to use the "Find" WorksheetFunction to hide all rows that
do not contain a predefined string (Initials) in column C. I keep
getting the error:

Run-time error '1004':
Unable to get the Find property of the WorksheetFunction class

In Excel, this function returns #VALUE if the string you are looking
for is not found, but in VBA I am encountering this error whether the
string is (or should be) found or not.

Dim FindVal as Double
Dim Initials as String
Dim N as Variant
Dim CellRef as Variant

For N = 5 to 300

CellRef = "C" & N
Initials = "GW" 'this is passed from another procedure

On Error Resume Next
FindVal = WorksheetFunction.Find(Initials, CellRef)
If Err.Number = 1004 Then
Worksheets("name").Rows(N).Hidden = True
End if

Next N

---