Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shawn Shuler Shawn Shuler is offline

Default SaveAs Result?

I am doing that but it still uses the standard Save As dialog box. If I
were to change the filename in there to one that exists I end up in the same
place with the same problem. Is there no way to determine which button (Ok,
No, Cancel) is pressed and then handle each possible choice?

"Shawn Shuler" wrote in message
I'm having trouble with adding a feature to prompt the user to save the

file
under a different name. I need it to force the user to save it. The
trouble is that if the user chooses a file name that exists he/she is

asked
to overwrite the file or not. If I choose 'No' or 'Cancel' it creates an
error. I can trap the error and try to resume but all this does is loop
through the overwrite prompt, effectively forcing the user to overwrite

the
file.

Is there a method to determine and handle the output from the overwrite
dialog, make choices based on which button was pressed?