Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
William[_2_] William[_2_] is offline

Default Writing data back via a userform

As you have two buttons on the worksheet to call the UserForm, use something
like the following to open the UserForm

For the button that creates a new entry:-
Sub test1()
UserForm1.Caption = "New Entry"
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

For the button that edits an existing entry:-
Sub test2()
UserForm1.Caption = "Edit Entry"
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

When you run your code from the UserForm by clicking a button, use something
like
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
If UserForm1.Caption = "New Entry" Then
MsgBox "Code for new entry goes here"
Else
MsgBox "Code to edit existing entry goes here"

XL2002
Regards

William