Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Howard John Howard is offline

Default Cell formatting not updating

Hi Michael,

Excel is obviously not accepting the data as date format in the initial
import whick by the way is quite normal but a nuisance.
A workaround is to us the Datevalue funtion in a separate column, format the
new column as "m/yy" then Copy/PasteSpecial/Value the new column over the
original column.

HTH

"Michael Chang" wrote in message

I have a problem with formatting in cells not updating until I double

click
into and then get out of the cell.

The cells contain data exported from Access as 7/2003, 8/2003, 9/2003

etc.
Once in Excel I am setting the cell number format as "mmm-yy". Excel seems
to recognises the data as dates but doesn't update the formatting until I
double click on the cell and click out of it.

I made sure that Calculation is set to Automatic. Pressing F9 doesn't

update
the cell either. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Michael