Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Batig Ray Batig is offline

Default Confused with variable

Thanks Chip! Now I understand. The .Value was the crux.

Ray
Chip Pearson wrote in message
Ray,

"Name" is an object type in Excel/VBA, so you shouldn't use it as
a variable name. Also, you need Worksheets to be plural, not
singular. Try something like

Dim Rng As Range
For Each Rng In Range("WorksheetNames")
Worksheets(Rng.Value).Cells(1,1).Value = "No Flag Set"
Next Rng

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
ink.net...
Greetings,

I have a named range called WorksheetNames. I want to cycle

through them and
do a set of operations. I wrote the following simplified code,

however, I
can't seem to get the Name to work in the Worksheets()

convention.

Dim Name As Range

For Each Name in Range("WorsheetNames")
Worksheet(Name).Cells(1,1).Value = "No Flag Set"
Other code
Next Name

Would someone explain what I am missing?

Thanks,
Ray