Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hiran de Silva Hiran de Silva is offline

Default More than 65,000 rows

I have an application that runs nicely on a worksheet (a set of
row-by-row-compare operations with several sorts). I may need to upscale it
to an environment which might go beyond 65k rows - I'm researching the
available choices.

eg. Spreading over multiple sheets, eg. continuation on sheet 2, is too
messy with sorts etc.
Access app is one choice.

I know this is an Excel ng - so asking for ideas that involve other
technological approaches maybe unusual in an Excel group, but some of you
may have had this kind of scenario before.

Thanks for any ideas, anything.

Hiran

PS: one of the benefits of the existing Excel VBA solution is the visual
feedback of the 'work being done'. Any ideas that preserve the 'row-by-row'
visual will be good. but I'd like to hear of others too.