Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Disable Combo Box On_Change Macro

No, you are correct. It needs to be defined before any code is run since
the user may be making selections from the combobox before the Addin does
its work. I just chose to use the ADD method in the second email just for
variety.

Tom Ogilvy

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
Or, of course, set it in code as Tom illustrated.

--

Vasant

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
I think Tom may have left out a step. You will need to initially set the
defined name cboFlag:

Insert | Name | Define | Names in Workbook: cboFlag | Refers To: =FALSE

OK

And use that name in the code rather than "CustomViewList".

--

Vasant

ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add "cboFlag", "=False"
"Randy Eastland" wrote in message
Thanks, Tom. I appreciate your help.

I'm having problems applying your suggestion. When I get to the line

of
code that I think sets the flag to false, I get an "Application

defined
or object defined error". Here is my code in the addin file:

Sub UpdateViewList()

Application.EnableEvents = False

'First, select the set of custom view names in row one
Worksheets("Settings").Select
Range("A1").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.Copy

'Line inserted per advice of Tom Ogilvy
ActiveSheet.Names("CustomViewList").RefersTo = "=False"

'Paste this list (transposed) so that the list box can pull from

it
Application.Goto Reference:="TopViewList"
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:=False _
, Transpose:=True

'Update the named range "CustomViewList" so that the drop down

list
pulls the correct values
Selection.CurrentRegion.Name = "CustomViewList"

Application.EnableEvents = True
ActiveSheet.Names("CustomViewList").RefersTo = "=True"

End Sub

The range name is called "CustomViewList". Did I apply this

correctly?
It would seem not. It is on the paste special line that the on_change
event is activated. That is what I am trying to suppress.

Thanks again, Tom. Your help is appreciated.
Randy Eastland