Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Another question. You say the employee names are in columns A:L. That's 12
people. Your concern with a fraction 10% implies that each manager has at
least 10 employees. How many managers are there for the 12 people?

If there is only 1 manager for all 12 employees, then 1 person is 8.3%, 2
people is 16.6%. Maybe a count of 2 is all you need.

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 05:51:03 -0700, "CDotWin"
wrote:

Thanks that works perfectly!

I was wondering if there was a way I could, instead of applying the
conditional formatting if there are more than 2 cell with the letter p, apply
the conditional formatting based on another range of cells. For example A1
thru L1 contain the names of employees but each manager has a different
number of employees. The letter p stands for personal time off that an
employee took. I only want the comditional formatting to apply to the cells
with the p in it if ten perent or more of one manager's employee takes
Personal time off on one day.

It's kind of like A1:L1 is employee names
A2:A279 are work days of the year
B2:I279 are were the P's are being entered

i guess I'm trying to do a countif statement.

Can you help me either in VB or Excel

Thank you in advance
--CDotWin--

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi CDotWin,

Try:

Sub Tester()
Dim Rng As Range

Set Rng = Range("A1:d10") '<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< CHANGE!
With Rng
.FormatConditions.Delete

.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, _
Formula1:="=AND(" & Rng(1).Address(0, 0) _
& "=""p"",COUNTIF(" & Rng.Row & ":" _
& Rng.Row & ",""=P"")2)"
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 19
End With
End Sub

Change the range to suit your requirements.

---
Regards,
Norman

"CDotWin" wrote in message
Hey,

Yes, I would like to do this in VB. What you gave me worked. I'm just

wondering if I can only apply the conditional formatting to the cells that
have the "P" actually in them and not the entire range. I also want to see
if the conditional formatting is true for each row, not really a range of
cells. Each row represents a date and I am trying to see if "P" shows up
more than three times on that date. I hope I'm not confusing you.

Thanks for your help in advance.
--CDotWin--