Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Grandad Grandad is offline

Default Help to Indentify a drive letter

Tom it's working more or less as I need it too so thanks for your help.

Having created the new folder is there a way to go back or identify the
original drive we started from?

Regards

Mick

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Dim sDrive as String
sDrive = left(curdir,1)
on error resume next
mkdir sDrive & ":\MyMacroFolder"
On error goto 0
Application.displayalerts = False
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs sDrive & ":\MyMacroFolder\" & thisworkbook.Name
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Tom Ogilvy

"Grandad" wrote in message
Tom

I'm sorry if I've not been clear.

I guess what I need is to be able to identify the default drive letter

for
each PC the macro is used on and to have a folder path to save a file

that
works on all PCs.

I hope that's a bit better tan my first attempt?

Mick

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If you have a path string:

Sub findDrive()
Dim fs As Object, f As Object
Dim sPath As String, drv As Object
Dim sPath1 As String
sPath = "Data\CSVDaily"
For Each drv In fs.Drives
sPath1 = drv.DriveLetter & ":\" & sPath
On Error Resume Next
Set f = Nothing
Set f = fs.GetFolder(sPath1)
On Error GoTo 0
If Not f Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "found in drive " & drv.DriveLetter
End If
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
What information do you have to start with? How would we know we

have
the
right drive?

Do you want to search all drives for a particular folder?

Tom Ogilvy

"Grandad" wrote in message
Can anyone help with the code to first identify a drive letter on

PC
which
may also be different to the one on the PC that the macro was

built
on.
need to save a file to a specific folder path and if the drive

letter
is
different how to specify a folder path.

I hope that makes sense?