Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Sheet Name

Hi Jonathan

welcome to the world of Excel VBA
you're basically sitting right on top of the answer ...
"I want to capture the active worksheet name ..."

to get the name just use

dim sname as string

sname = activesheet.name

********

all you had to do was figure out what object you were talking about and then
press the fullstop and a list of the properties & methods will be displayed

Cheers
JulieD
If you'ld like to email me direct i have some notes that you might be
interested in (julied_ng at hcts dot net dot au)

"Jonathan Cooper" wrote in
message ...
I'm trying to learn VBA for Excel. I've got a macro mostly hacked

together.
There is one part I can't figure out though.

When the macro runs, I want to capture the active worksheet name and store
it in a variable. Then after the macro finishes, I want to go back and
select that sheet again. Seems like such a simple thing to do but I can't
figure out where the darn worksheet name is stored.

Also, since I'm just learning VBA, if you could tell me how I should have
been able to figure out where the name is stored, that would be even

better.