Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Help to Indentify a drive letter

If you have a path string:

Sub findDrive()
Dim fs As Object, f As Object
Dim sPath As String, drv As Object
Dim sPath1 As String
sPath = "Data\CSVDaily"
For Each drv In fs.Drives
sPath1 = drv.DriveLetter & ":\" & sPath
On Error Resume Next
Set f = Nothing
Set f = fs.GetFolder(sPath1)
On Error GoTo 0
If Not f Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "found in drive " & drv.DriveLetter
End If
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
What information do you have to start with? How would we know we have the
right drive?

Do you want to search all drives for a particular folder?

Tom Ogilvy

"Grandad" wrote in message
Can anyone help with the code to first identify a drive letter on PC

which
may also be different to the one on the PC that the macro was built on.

need to save a file to a specific folder path and if the drive letter is
different how to specify a folder path.

I hope that makes sense?

--
Kind Regards