Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Daniel[_7_] Daniel[_7_] is offline

Default lookup problem in excel

-----Original Message-----
Hi, the problem I have with lookup is that it doesn't do

an exact match. It matches any part of Lookup_value with
any part of Lookup_vector and returns the value.

I need it to bring the result_vector only if the

Lookup_value is exactly the same as Lookup_vector. if its
not exactly the same then put na or what ever it is it
puts.

The code I am using is
=LOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A2:A53,Sheet2!B2:B53)
and what happens is that it doesn't do an exact match, as

long as a part of the Lookup_Value matches Lookup_vector
it returns the Result_vector.

I tried using vlookup and hlookup but they where acting

funny and I couldn't get them to work

Can some one please help me. Thank you.

.

Change the formula to
=LOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A2:A53,Sheet2!B2:B53,false)

to get an exact match