Dr. Nonverbal

If you're restricted to a single column, your best bet might be to simply put
a sum statement at the top of the column (e.g., sum(a1:a5000)) and freeze the
top row (i.e., highlight the second row in your worksheet, go to WINDOW -
FREEZE PANES). That will keep your sum statement where you can see it as you
add data to your worksheet.

If you can use a second column, it makes life much easier. Others may be
able to come up with more elegant solutions.

Good luck -

David

"frustrated" wrote:

doing my head in here!...2 hrs later...all i want to do is key in a $ amount
down a cloumn and have it change the amount after i add the new amount so
that i dont have to go between calculator and key board...can someone
pleeeease help...im tearing my hair out here and the instructions in help are
vague and dont work!!...very very angry. thanks